Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 1 month ago

Can I skip that wedding?

My half sister sent me an invitation to her wedding. I don’t really know her at all. I’ve only seen her twice in my life. We’re more like complete strangers. 

Yes you can but tell her nicely 🐰 

You should go to the wedding 

Just send a nice gift.

Sounds like you don't want to know her too.  This would be a good opportunity to spend time together and get to know one another it could be the start of a close knit relationship with each other.  Skip it if you don't want to have a relationship with her...but the least you could do is send a card congratulating them.

If you don't want to go, then don't go. she probably invited you out of a feeling of obligation anyway. She doesn't "know" you either.

• drip

She is extending an invitation.  Perhaps it can be the start of communicating more and seeing each other. 

Yes you can skip the wedding.  Send a card with a nice note. You are not obligated to send a gift. 

It's an invite, not a summons. You can decline for any or no reason, just RSVP to say you can't attend.

• Kelly

Yes, you can skip it.

An invitation is a notification to let you know you're welcome to attend, if you would like. It's not a summons to appear.

• keerok

Yes of course! No pressure.

If you don't want to attend it would be polite to send her a brief note telling her that you won't be attending. I guess you want to remain a stranger rather than using this as an opportunity to become friends.