My deceased mom's emails got deleted?

Someone hacked into her email and I didn't get the account back until a year later and all the emails got deleted. 😭 She passed away when I was 12 and all of her emails to me and other special emails got deleted. I haven't been able to stop crying since it's happened. I kept her email open for 12 years. Is there ANY WAY to get them back? I heard that emails deleted after a year can't be restored but is there a way around this? πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”

• keerok

12 years?

You should have kept the account alive by sending and receiving emails with it. What happened is that the email service provider noticed the prolonged inactivity and decided to shut it down, permanently. That is all part of their normal operating procedures. It's not personal. If you want the emails back, try emailing them in case they have backups - no promises because they're not required to do so.

• mokrie

And people laugh when I say the old days of letter writing was better. You can put letters in a drawer and keep them. Computers stink. I'm sorry about your loss..

• Sharon

You can only retrieve mail from no longer than 7 days ago. Restore lost or deleted mail: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/sln2552.html