Jack asked in HealthMental Health · 3 weeks ago

Does it sound like I have ADHD?

I'm 16 years old. I went to the guidance councilor recently who has a strong background in Psychology. I like her and seems to know what she's talking about. I went to her and she told me that I likely dont have ADHD because I was tested and it didn't come up with significant attention issues. She told me that ADHD is over diagnosed anyway. But my mind wanders all over the place a lot. I get pretty good grades. But I have a hard time concentrating on the teacher when they're talking. My mind usually starts thinking about things that are completely unrelated. I constantly feel the need to get up out of my chair at home and walk around. I do this for at least a couple hours a day in total. I will often lose things. It can hard for to sleep sometimes because my mind is so active. Especially on weekends, I will go outside and run or walk at night, even around 1 AM, 2 AM, 3 AM, etc. I often have trouble with overthinking things. When I try to do homework it takes me a while to start it. Normally I'll take the homework out and then after doing a couple of problems I'll get up and start walking around my house. It usually takes me time to start my homework because I'm thinking about other things. I often skim through text and I'll make careless mistakes in text. I'll often make careless mistakes in general, I've done that on tests and quizzes a lot where I'll make silly mistakes. If I went to a health professional, would I be diagnosed with ADHD? 

Update:

I also fidget a lot when I'm I sit.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

You sound like your problems stem from not sleeping enough.  

• Jack3 weeks agoReport

If it was a lack of sleeping I would be tired a lot.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.