Why does google say “No words can rhyme with Orange”??

I thought of 2. “Storage” and the name “George”??? Those sound like they can rhyme with the word orange??? I think that’s a lie. 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Best answer

Storage and George do not have the "ange" sound at the end. Some poets do loose rhymes like that, but they are not considered exact rhymes. 

• kevin4 weeks agoReport

What about “Door Hinge”?? Or “Syringe”?? Those kinda sound like they could too?? 

• 4 weeks ago

I don't know what accent you have but those words DEFINITELY don't rhyme with orange. Sure, it's close, but also far enough where it sounds like you're deaf. It's the equivalent of saying BIKE and LIME rhyme with each other.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Neither of those rhyme... Say them out loud.

• Laurie
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Neither of those words rhyme with “orange”. You need help with pronunciation.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

No, they do not rhyme with orange. To rhyme, two words have to have EXACTLY the same sounds starting with the vowel of the last stressed syllable and continuing through the end of the word.

"Storage" doesn't rhyme with "orange" because there is no "n" sound in "storage" but there is one in "orange."

"George" doesn't rhyme with "orange" for that same reason plus a couple of others.

I think YOU are lying.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

what the fück you have some terribe pronounciation

• Lv 5
      4 weeks agoReport

What does "fück" rhyme with? I shoulda paid more attention in German class. :)

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.