Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Why is my face so fat?

I am about 5’9 and 130lbs and my face has always been fat. I look fat in my face compared to the rest of my body. I pretty much eat whatever is available like carbs and snacks. I don’t like things like burgers and usually don’t eat fast food. I ran competitively for a number of years and I don’t think my face skimmed down besides my body and legs getting more toned. I’ve never had abs but my stomach has been slightly toned when running and doing core. I don’t like weight lifting, I prefer cardio. I haven’t exercised in awhile because I feel depressed and like there is no point. People say to lose face fat you have to lose body fat and I’m already pretty skinny. What can I do?

“Facial bloating will tend to fluctuate day to day depending on the underlying issue causing it,” plastic surgeon Dr. Joseph Cruise explains. “Excess facial fat typically occurs from weight gain resulting from a poor diet, lack of exercise, aging or genetic conditions. Fat is usually more visible in the cheeks, jowls, under the chin and neck.”

Weight gain in the face happens when extra fat deposits build up around the sides, causing it to become gradually more round, full, puffy, and round. A person’s facial muscles and overall bone structure play a small part. For instance, faces can appear fuller when the masseter muscles between the jaw and cheeks are overdeveloped, Cruise notes. The term moon face may (hurtfully) be used by doctor’s looking at a fat face, but it specifically refers to a side effect of steroid treatment or a symptom of Cushing’s syndrome, which occurs when the body is exposed to excess cortisol for long periods of time. Cushing’s is typically caused by a tumor on the pituitary gland, or other adrenal gland diseases that affect hormone production, and can be treated with medication, radiation, and surgery. Other symptoms of Cushing’s include a fatty hump between your shoulders, erectile dysfunction, decreased fertility, pink and purple stretch marks, and depression.

Still, absent other symptoms, weight gain in the face usually comes from weight gain overall, Cruise says. That’s not to say that tackling face weight is simple, but it does come down to having broader weight loss and wellness goals. Facial exercises can help, but will mostly just make you feel weird in front of the mirror if you’re still housing burgers regularly without working out. Instead, try limiting sugar and salt intake, drinking plenty of water, getting more sleep, and managing your stress.

“Weight loss can change the shape of your face,” Cruise says. “Integrate lifestyle changes to get your body healthier as a whole and incorporate exercise and a healthy well-balanced diet.”

https://www.fitnesshealthforever.com/fitness/burn-...

Genetics, blame your parents for that.

cause thats the way god made you