Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 4 weeks ago

Are the new bribery charges against trump worse than the charges that were being brought up against disgraced former president Richard Nixon?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago
    Best answer

Nixon only covered up a burglary. Trump extorted a foreign nation for dirt on a political rival. Yes, that is worse. Foreign influence on our elections is what the framers feared most.

• Ro
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Where's your evidence?

• 4 weeks ago

they might be worse

• 4 weeks ago

Yes, for one reason People were killed daily because of Trump's actions

• humpty
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Yes. The charges against Nixon were obstruction of justice, for aiding and abetting a coverup of the Watergate burglaries after the fact. In Trump's case it appears that the President deliberately used his office to committ the initial crime of extortion and bribery.

I was not a Nixon supporter, but do respect his refusal to abuse his office and the power of pardon to evade his personal responsibility. I cannot imagine Donald Trump having the same respect for the office he holds.

• Ro
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Where's the evidence?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

This is worse than either impeachment ever.He only proceeded down this path because the Republicans    just kept letting him get away with one infraction after another. Naturally he thought he was King and kept going. I blame the Republicans for his ability to keep going.

• Ro is a republican .. This is how they treat their own women

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.