Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareDesktops · 1 month ago

Missing computer part?

I purchased an HP pavilion all in one desktop and I opened it and started setting it up and noticed I was missing a power cord and mouse. I called HP and they said I’d have to purchase that even though it was missing and it was suppose to come in.  What do I do?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • jj
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

If you bought it new check the packing. HP loves to stick peripheral parts in slots and holes in the the styrofoam packing. 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Extra's are extra cost. That is how H.P. is selling their machines...though the power cord is everywhere I look.  If you have an old computer you probably have an old power cord on it you can use.  Same goes for mouse and keyboard.  Most of my stuff is from other computers...Logitech or Microsoft or Acer...or HP or Compac.

• 1 month ago

review the purchase documentation. if it plainly says you get those, then you complain higher up the HP ladder. if they aren't mentioned explicitly then you buy them

• 1 month ago

Operate without those items.

Buy them.

Small claims court.

Write reviews about HP in the Internet sites, and send copies to HP management.

Take whole unit back, buy another that is complete.

Give up computers, get pencil and paper.

Source(s): Using computers since 1962. College computer classes instructor. Manufacturing engineer for electronics company. Not tolerating companies and equipment that is not performing properly.
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

If you went back to where you purchased the computer, I'm sure they will give you the mouse and power cord rather than lose the sale. They will work with you for reputation purposes.

• 1 month ago

Take the matter up with the folks you bough the computer from.

• George
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Contact whoever sold it to you, it's not HP, they just made it.

• John
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Pull them out of your stash from your last computer.

• 1 month ago

If you bought it brand new, then the best thing would be to take it back to where you bought it from and tell them that it isn't complete.

• 1 month ago

Who did you purchase it from? Call them and tell them to send the missing parts or you will return the computer.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.