Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 4 weeks ago

Is it bad that I hate my dad?

Everyone always says if they're family than you should love them no matter what. And I try, I really do, but I just hate my dad so ******* much.

He's so irresponsible! He never pays the rent on our house, he never pays medical bills for us, and come to think of it, I don't think he's payed a single ******* bill in years! It's always my mom paying things. My mom taking care of us and my dad being a selfish dick. Even when my mom had a job, she wasn't making very much money. Yet she was always the one buying us food and all of the other things we needed. Or on our birthdays, she'd still manage to get us something. I'm not saying they are required to get us gifts, it's just the fact that my mom barely had any money, yet she still manages to get us a little something. It means a lot to me. My dad just keeps all of his money for himself.

And he makes money. I know he does. He's working two jobs. And you can't afford a $800 guitar, $500 bass, and an Apple watch without money. My mom just lost her job and can't pay anything, yet he's still not doing anything. Or even now, we just got out of an argument where I told him I was hungry. Literally sat through 15 minutes him saying "I don't know" over and over again. I know it's just because he doesn't want to have to buy us food. Like, I'm sorry, but you have kids. You need to ******* take care of them! I'm just so ******* pissed off right now.

Nope. I can’t stand the old man. I’m still f’ing pissed off that when my mom visited him, she had the audacity to call me to say hi to him over the phone. That’s how much I hate him. I don’t ever want to speak to him again. A 20 year streak of not speaking to him broken. 

• Josa

Someone told me once that a bad parent is better than no parent at all....NOT TRUE!!!  He is being abusive to all of you and denying you essential care.  Why isn't your mom doing something about it? Check out 'economic abuse'.  Hitting is not the only form of abuse. I don't think you hate your Dad, I think you hate his behavior.  Talk to your mom.  you can get food stamps or, dhs will require him to take care of you all if he has the funds,  If you are in school and still a minor the counselor is supposed to help you,   

If he's an irresponsible, awful father, that's not much to love.

And the people who say what you say they say, have great parents.

You're right to be angry that he's so uncaring. He should offer

to buy you some groceries on the spot, or at least give you $5 to buy food.

Hopefully, you will be able to forgive him with the grace of God.

Nah 90% of people I know don't like their dad - Mine tried to take my pants off once

• Damien

well u can hate your dad all you want but dont show ur hate in front of him to him, as bad as he is, u should still try your best to sow him respect cause hes your dad.and dont be making this about money, u try doing two jobs, u got no clue how hard that is, so until u do, dont judge him.

not if you have a reason for it

not if he gave you a reason to hate him