Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 9 months ago

Does a spider feel pain when killed?

I was out with two of my friends a few days ago. One of them (‘Friend A’) was speaking about a spider that was in her room, and how they had to throw it out of the window to get rid of it. I didn’t totally hear what my second friend (‘Friend B’) said in response, but ‘Friend A’ said in reply ‘I don’t like killing things’. Therefore ‘Friend B’ must have said something about having should have killed it instead of throwing it out of the window. Why would have ‘Friend B’ said this? Why would they suggest killing a spider rather than just throwing it out of a window?

i would hope not

• ?

It is believed spiders and other bugs do not feel pain because their brains are too tiny.  Fear of spiders is instinctual and probably a throwback to our ape days.  People kill spiders out of fear, the fear that the spider may be poisonous and may kill them if they don't kill the spider first.

• Donna

Well it's a living thing.

is friend a and freind b easier than saying tom and tim? spiders feel pain

probably so it dont come back

No. I don't think so.