Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 4 weeks ago

Why do some women want to be tall?

I can understand guys wanting to be taller because short guys sometimes get ripped out by their mates or bros or whatever and maybe it's considered "manly" to be tall but why do women want to be tall?

I am a woman and quite tall for a woman (5"7 or 170cm) and I actually wish I was shorter as I feel I get jealous stares from other women and sometimes even men and being tall attracts attention to you and I don't like attention.

So why do women want to be taller? How does it benefit your life in any way?

I can understand women who are really short wanting to be taller but I don't understand average height women who want to be tall and are jealous of tall women? Why?

Any time you have something other people want you're going to get "jealous stares". Women want to be taller because clothes look better on taller people, managing one's weight is easier when you're taller and of course in the athletic world tall women have advantages over short women in most sports. But 5'7" isn't THAT tall.

• Im a 6'8 plus  sized brown woman, and I love my size. I go for 6'0-6'4 muscular white guys. I get rejected 90 percent of the time due to my size yet i STILL LOVE being a large woman. I get attention and respect which many petite woman dont get. I get treated as a adult, and a leader. I dated a 6'4 guy who is the biggest and strongest guy in his fraternity. I was 4 inches taller and 60 pounds heavier than him. I feel like a queen being larger than him, yet he is SO MUCH stronger than me and can carry me like a pillow 

• Dr. D

Many women would like to envision themselves as model material. The average female model is about 5-ft 10-inches, or taller. They are also thin. (Yes, females who want to be tall, also want to be slim.) 

It's nice to be tall enough. I can easily reach the top shelves in our kitchen, as well as paint to the top of a wall without a ladder. My short wife can't do the same so we keep a step ladder for shorty. It's nice to be able to see over other people's heads, though I worry about blocking short people's views at events. You can be too tall, just like you can be too short, but generally speaking tall is better than short.

maybe cause they get guys that way, if you want you can trade with me, im only 4ft5

• Lila

i would love to be shorter but not that short sorry. I would like to be 5"0 to 5"5.

• Kathy

Because it sucks to be short.

• Lila

sorry to hear you were teased. i was always teased too but not for my height.