Super stressed about first part time job. Tips?

Hi, I’m 15 and started my first ever part time job as a dishwasher 3 months ago. I’m always thinking about my job even when I’m not there and it’s affecting my overall happiness, I’m constantly stressed about it. There’s nothing wrong with my job(sure there’s the one mean manager and they book me for 12 hours per week when I said no more than 8 but it’s not a big deal). I think it’s just hard for me to accept the fact that I need to be responsible and work weekends and after school instead of hanging out with friends or watching tv. So my question is, do you have any advice that will make me not stress about work so much and help me accept the fact that I need a job?

• martin
    Favorite Answer

Whatever you're going through on this job is going to be temporary, and should end sometime soon. You might start school in another town or have a different job prospect. The job is building character and discipline. Stick it out.

• Niki1 month agoReport

Thank you, this advice helped a lot:)

I have faith in God, and I pray to Him when I have concerns. You could try praying as well, and this is likely to put your mind at ease. Remember that you're getting experience and earning money. I didn't have a job when I was your age.

i would just be thanfkul you have a job, wish i did

• Niki1 month agoReport

Thank you. I know I should be grateful and I know I’m very fortunate to have this job, life can just get overwhelming sometimes. 

< nd they book me for 12 hours per week  >

Oh you poor Snowflake, no wonder you are stressed out.

• Niki1 month agoReport

I posted this so I could get tips with dealing with my anxiety. If I was looking for someone to be a **** towards me, I would’ve texted you directly:)

• Gary

You don’t need to work that young. I’m 17. Never worked yet. I won’t need to work for many years.