Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDecorating & Remodeling · 8 months ago

DIY query about floor... ?

I've recently moved into a flat and my  living room is on top of a wasps nest. I've cleaned up nearly 90 from my living room and if I'm right they are coming up through underneath the Skirting and a hole in the floor maybe a bit smaller than a golf ball. The hole underneath the Skirting but comes out to my flooring a bit. The flooring is black tiles and I was hoping to put carpet down. Since the council are saying they won't do anything about it, what can I use to fill the holes so I can put my carpet down without more wasps coming up next summer and ruining my floor?

Thanks for any help :) 

I'd nail some old boards right through their black tiles and say too f'n bad. Cold air will probably be coming through too soon, so might want to get a can of that expanding spray foam too.

That is what I was going to say: Expanding Foam. You spray only a little, and it expands a lot. It dries rather quickly, and you cut the excess off with a knife so it looks neat. You then throw the bottle away because the tube will be hopelessly clogged. So make sure you do all your holes at once.

• al

Fill it up with foam insulation like this:

• John8 months agoReport

Thanks very much :)