Why does London get so much rain???

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Heavy rain in London is very rare. Most times I go to London it does not rain.

• RR
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I suspect you are using Hollywood as a guide to London's weather.

In fact, London gets less rain than Rome or New York. However, like the rest of UK, the weather is unpredictable. You can never plan an outside event and be certain it will stay dry, even in mid summer.

There are also a lot of cloudy days. Many visitors are surprised to see white skies.

Come and have a look for yourself. You will have a great time!

• 4 weeks ago

Because that’s the climate))

• 4 weeks ago

The prevailing warm moist westerly winds mean that the west of the UK is more likely to receive rainfall from Atlantic weather systems, in the form of frontal rainfall. These weather systems usually move from west to east across the UK and as they do so the amount of rainfall they deposit reduces.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

There are places that get a lot more rain than London.

• 4 weeks ago

It has been an unusually wet period in London and Southern England from late September until now. The London area has seen a sharp decline in rainfall over the past 30 years and there have been many droughts

• Clive
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

It doesn't get much compared with some other parts of Europe.  Though it does tend to be damp because we're on an island.

• 4 weeks ago

It doesn't get a lot of rain, just 22.976 inches or 583.6mm annually. You've just caught a bad combination of storms.  Climate warming is said to be the cause of more frequent events like that.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

maybe god thinks they need a lot of water

• 4 weeks ago

It’s god crying for what the brits have done to their teeth. 

• Robsteriark
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

When I was living and working in the USA
       I saw loads of people with terrible teeth. In the UK loads of people qualify for free basic dentistry and a small but growing number can afford to pay for top class cosmetic dentistry. In the USA almost nobody gets free dentistry of any kind. It shows.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.