Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 4 weeks ago

Why do the black people still cry about slavery ?

They can’t get over what happened 100s of years ago ? Japan was able to get over the atomic bombs, the Jews were able to get over the holocaust why can’t black people get over it.

It's not slavery that's the problem, it's the slave mentality. It makes many of them feel a need to be the victim and to blame others for their problems. If the problem is someone else, there's not much you can do about it. That removes both the ability and the responsibility to solve your own problems and be the master of your own destiny.

It makes it easy to blame others for their community's failures. Since white people don't speak up and defend themselves, or they smear themselves, blacks take will easily view the past as a scapegoat for the present until the rest of eternity. Showing that there are differences between the races that explain why both groups are so different would destroy their narrative and their scapegoat.

I'm wondering why blacks are so scared to death of the Confederate flag! And why are they removing all those statues of Confederate Civil War generals??? They think they can re-write history and pretend slavery and the Civil War never happened? I'm surprised they're not trying to get "Gone With The Wind" banned from airing on Turner Classic Movies every year! Or maybe they are!

In most cases, it takes many generations to build wealth and opportunity for your family. People whose ancestors were slaves, even many generations ago, are more likely to be disadvantaged. 

I'm someone who grew up in a working class family and graduated from community college. The furthest ancestor I can trace back is listed as a "servant" in a wealthy family's household. Someone vacationing on their private yacht would probably discover a much different family history.

In any case, I agree that complaining has no value. Get to work and make things better for the people coming after you. We all start out a different places. Maybe it's not "fair", but it's reality. My kids will have a solid middle class life, and their kids may do even better.

• steve

I guess because although slavery is a thing of history racial hatred is still very real especially in parts of America.

Until white people EVERYWHERE start respecting and treating black people as equals then it is always going to be an issue.

I am white by the way.

• T'rone

Blacks also have to clean up their own back yards for once

Wow, completely missing the point. That slavery in white privelidge lives on today is the problem. Blacks are still not treated equally, that's the issue.

• T'rone

There is so much black privilege that you have to be blind and deaf not to realize it.  Being treated equally is not racism.  To you people it is.

cause they didnt like it

Marxist critical theory-based social justice requires a group to be placed in a position of powerlessness.  Their victimhood mentality gives them free reign to put the rest of society on the defensive when they lay claim to unearned government entitlements and the like.  If they stop crying about slavery, they will have to join the rest of civilization and be accountable for their own actions - who would voluntarily turn down a pass to behave the way they do?

You're right; it doesn't make sense. The slaves were made to work without pay . . . . many blacks today get paid without working.  Guess they just like to complain.

They are all too often the still victims of hatred 

and of unnecessary  questioning and probing, is why, imho.

I`d ask one of them, if I truly did not comprehend that trauma - based unhappiness

Like many other victims -they are talked about -

instead of being respectfully directly addressed in person.

Group calumny is not at all uncommon, leading to their being ostracized 

and regarded az "other".   .People fear what they  irrationally condemn 

Because they can’t 😂