ricky
ricky asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 4 weeks ago

What’s the best interest rate you can get from a no risk source?

And what would that source be. TD Ameritrade has offered 1.6 percent. 

You should be able to get a better rate than that. 

Ally is offering 1.7%

Here is a list with the pros and cons of the accounts.

https://www.bankrate.com/banking/savings/rates/

Generally the most risk free investments are considered to be those offered by the United States government.  As of yesterday the highest rate offered was 2.31% on 30 year treasury securities.

There is nothing that is no risk.  Even the most protected investment has inflation risk to deal with.  All these savings vehicles at under 2% are barely exceeding the inflation rate so your not gaining any real purchasing power. Your best off putting funds for short term investment goals in a convenient savings account (rather than worrying about an 0.1% difference) and spend your efforts on your long term investments which should be in a diversified portfolio including equities so you can exceed the inflation rate. 

• ricky

My bad, turns out the situation does NOT require me to move this money, as I was mis told by my sister. Thanks for reply!

1.75% APR from American Express Personal Savings.

• DON W

Some banks and credit unions are offering Certificates of Deposit earning over 2% interest.