Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

Why do people say autism can't be treated with medication when it really can?

I just think it's annoying when i hear or see people say autism can't be treated with medications when it really can, but there's lots of medications like Stimulants, Antipsychotics, Antidepressants, Serotonin Selective Retake Inhibitors, Oxytocin, these medicines are commonly used to treat autism symptoms, i understand that the whole disorder can't be treated with medicince, but some autism symptoms can be treated to make life easier and better for autistics, like anger, aggression, hyperactivity, attention problems, repetitive behavior, social problems, all of that can treated with medication, what do you think?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Autism is getting to be an overworked pain in the ***

• Bill
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

i think you have autism of some degree and are just making noise to get attention

• 1 month ago

• 1 month ago

I'm guessing your "people" actually mean that autism can't be put into remission with meds. And that's true. Clearly some of the symptoms can be treated and caused to disappear.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

maybe the meds dont work for everybody

• 1 month ago

The symptoms you are describing are not those of autism, they are all those of ADHD. 

ADHD does have medication options, such as methylphenidate. 

• 1 month ago

What you have describe are not treatments for Autism, nor are the symptoms you've describe symptoms of Autism. Many autistic people have no symptoms such as you have described.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.