How poison are the bath drain centipedes?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

    You mean those long legged house centipedes that look like 30 legged spiders, they are not. As a kid, when I could catch them, I would play with them crawling on hands and arms. Thy may look formidable but a good bug to have around.

    Trapped in a sink, just help them out and let them go on their way.

     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1RjiiH_GdA

    Youtube thumbnail

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 8 months ago

    They cause infections at the very least

    and pouring Lysol or bleach into the plug-hole at night

    will deter them

    then you need run water in the morning with a touch of Dettol (dilute some)

    to be sure that you aren`t affected by the chemicals.

    Make up a few liters and have it be a routine if they are prolific.

    • daniel g
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

      LOL, they don't even bite.

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 8 months ago

    Very poison........

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Vicki
    Lv 5
    8 months ago

    House centipedes? Like the brown ones? I mean they can't kill you but if they bite you it stings a lot. Silver fish? Those guys aren't poisonous and also giant scaredy cats.

    • ...Show all comments
    • Vicki
      Lv 5
      8 months agoReport

      https://www.orkin.com/other/centipedes/house-centipede/bites

      That talks about what can happen if bitten. I mean you're right, they rarely do. But they do hurt when they do bite. Cause they're jerk. 

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.