audio cable/connector?

I recently purchased a Dell S6616H monitor to go with my Dell computer. Little did I know it does not come with an audio cable or connector. I have tried to find out what kind I need or what it looks like so I can purchase one, well no luck at all. Dell is the worst for customer service. Can anyone out there please let me know what I need so I can get audio. 

Thank you

• A.J.

There is no Dell S6616H showing by google and usually the first 2 digits are the screen diagonal in inches. You don't state what you are connecting to it specifically by brand and exact model. Usually, if monitors have speakers they are junk anyway and needs external audio.

I know a lot about hardware, but there is nothing in the question I can figure out.

"Dell S6616H" does not return any results in google and you do not say what computer it is?

If it's an HDMI cable from the PC to the monitor, and the monitor has built-in speakers, the audio link should be through HDMI; nothing else is needed.

All you should need to do is go to sound settings in control panel and select HDMI as the default audio output.

If it's anything else, you need to post full details of the PC and monitor.