Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 4 weeks ago

i'm in the midlands who do i vote for to ensure the conservatives lose?

it will be tremendously hard to vote for the washed up hippy tramp that is corbin but i will do it.

or does any other party stand a chance?.

• Clive

I can't tell without knowing what constituency you're in.  Just telling me "the Midlands" is not helpful.  So all I can do is give some hints on how to work it out.  Remember it's not a national vote, we're electing our MPs and the overall result falls out of that.  So know your constituency - your vote doesn't have any wider effect.

What party normally wins in YOUR constituency and who normally comes second?  You can work it out from that.  What was the result in 2017, and how big was their majority (how many more votes did they get than who came second)?  If it was a big majority, that party will probably win again anyway.  (I live in a seat like this - our Conservative MP usually gets over half of the total vote so if he loses, expect earthquakes and flying pigs!)  If it was small, you're in a marginal seat and you have more chance of making a difference.

If the Conservatives won last time, the best thing you can do is vote for whoever came second.  If they didn't, vote for whoever won last time to ensure it stays that way.

This probably means voting Labour or Lib Dem as nobody else has a realistic chance of winning a Midlands seat.

Remember of course you can't vote for any of the party leaders unless they're actually your MP - you vote for whoever their party puts up.  LOL I live right on a constituency boundary and if I lived across the road I COULD vote directly for Boris.

Bear in mind that if the Conservatives lose, the only realistic alternative as Prime Minister IS the washed up hippy tramp, whatever Jo Swinson thinks.

If you don't want Conservatives to win, then vote for [fill in the blank]. Come on, you should be able to figure this out.

Vote for the one you hate the least

But vote

Yes, Corbyn, for sure; after all, the fire is much preferable to the frying pan.

Doesn't surprise me that a dvmb@$$ libtard would support a washed up hippie tramp over a conservative.