how do you deal with people who dispute facts you tell them about yourself?

specifically online? when you inform people of facts about yourself, ie- in my case, that i'm a roman catholic native british man, and you get people not believing you, disputing the facts and just invalidating you.

without losing your temper, how should you deal with that?

• Chanel

It is there problem if they do not believe you. Also it is just one person's opinion.

I avoid them , but I never give people personal facts on line

Why dignify a troll  by  getting annoyed? I can post photographic proof of some things * .  I do Sometimes just to play show-and-tell. Not to try to convince someone determined to be an iconoclast.. 

Source(s): * I posted a YouTube on a run I did, I found I Was in the picture at one point !

You can't and you probably would be better off not sharing info about yourself or engaging in online forms.  

i just wouldnt say anything

The fact is that many people DO lie, or at least bend the truth, on the Internet. Often it's for self protection: if you say exactly who you are and where you live and what colour your car is and all that, you put yourself at risk from local stalkers. It's often safer to represent yourself as someone other than who you really are.

So it's always possible that ANY of us may be disbelieved, for no particular reason at all. I had a long argument with someone on here who was convinced I was a man living in Australia. In fact I'm a woman in Scotland. But he wouldn't allow himself to believe me, and in the end I gave up arguing: it was getting us nowhere.

Accept that people won't always believe you. Say 'Well, that's the truth, can't do more than tell you' and move along.

I think people have a hard time believing there are any Catholics left in the UK.

You can't force people to accept facts

especially facts that you are unable to prove to them (for whatever reason).

So: you deal with it by recognizing that there is no onus on them to believe said facts

and

no onus on you to convince them of said facts.

Why do you need to prove yourself to someone (online)?

• Cogito

I don't understand.  Who are you telling these facts to, and why?

And if someone chooses to disbelieve you, so what?

There would be no need to lose your temper or even get slightly annoyed.

If they don't believe you, why would you care?