Vegans, would you eat meat that was grown in a lab?

This is actually a genuine question, especially since many vegans eat the way they do for ethical animal cruelty reasons.

• geezer

With so much 'real' food around why would ANYONE eat 'fake' food ?

• Thorn

No. I think it's disgusting and i've learned from experience I don't need animal flesh

• Louis

OK. I'm a vegan. And I guess nowadays I have to add Ethical to the word. 

I don't have any ethical concerns about lab meat. And I'm sure I will try it once just out of curiosity. 

I doubt if I would include it in my meal plan. Mostly because of its meat and it still has all the negative health consequences that meat has. 

I don't know much about its environmental consequences. I might be against it if it requires too many resources. It's not like I'm wanting to eat meat. I've lived a long time without eating any. 

But if it is grown in a sustainable way I might even be "for" it. If Carnists eat it instead of animals, I would see that as a positive benefit. 

• Rich

That will take away an identity they have built themselves around. They won't.