Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 3 weeks ago

anybody else hate cooking fried food at home because it's messy and time consuming?

I also feel like it's pointless to slave over the kitchen to that extent for a meal that won't be fresh anymore after the next day.

Whats the point of making chicken tenders, chicken nuggets, french fries etc at home? it'll be soggy and the taste and texture will be off and defintely french fries don't referigerate well.

then the flour and oil is messy and gets everywhere

something like roasted chicken is worth the hassle to cook because you can eat leftovers for a couple of days, but its pointless to buy ingredients for french fries and chicken nuggets. just go to mcdonalds or chikfila right?

my friend is obsessed with making restaurant style food at home so she tried to replicate the chikfila chicken sandwhich. took her 6 hours just to marinate the chicken breast

I don't eat fried food at home at all so no.

I do eat it when eating out.

Nothing wrong with chicken nuggets or fried chicken the next day.

• david

Sometimes it's nice to cook good fried food at home for that fresh homemade taste. It's not so good as leftovers.

• Ann

If fried chicken is prepared correctly, it will be good as leftovers.  If I'm doing something such as fried zucchini, I know it will all be eaten immediately.  I don't mind cooking it because the family loves it.  I don't fool with other things, because they get soggy.

I like air frying. Much less mess and time. And things turn out perfectly crisp

I never deep fry at home for the same reasons you state.

That being said, I've made some pretty tasty stuff in my air fryer.   It makes great chicken wings and THE BEST fries.   Every time I go to a fast food place I skip the $3 fries because I have a ten pound bag of potatoes at home for $1.99.  

The air fryer is also great for heating frozen fried foods like clam strips, breaded calamari, fried chicken pieces, etc.   It makes them taste like they just came out of the fryer, not a dry oven. 

• Janet

It is messy.

It is time-consuming.

The grease acquires little burnt pieces and you cannot throw grease down the drain.

And fried food isn't even HEALTHY for you.

I just don't eat fried foods anymore .. not even when I go out to restaurants or fast food. Don't need that stuff clogging my arteries, greasing my bowels, or heading for my hips.

• Linda

I agree with you and we buy fried chicken in a box from our grocery store down the street and it tastes better too.

• Mark

I haven't found it pretty time-consuming, but it is quite messy and cooking oil is rather expensive.  French-fries don't refrigerate well, but they freeze quite well.  (In fact, that's about the only thing I fry.  In large batches, so I can heat them up later.)

Yup, this is why I don't do it. I rarely eat fried food anymore, but when I get a hankering, I just go out. It's not worth the time and effort, the clean up, and the smell that you can't get rid of for DAYS. 

• Bob

Yes. Personally, I never fry food at home unless it's something like a stir fry or a fried egg.

I never deep fry at home.