can i continue to use my windows 7 pc when microsoft stops supporting it?

i love my custom built windows 7 desktop computer, which i got in september 2015, and have no wish to upgrade to windows 10, especially considering all the bad reports ive heard about windows 10.......but when the time approaches when microsoft stop supporting windows 7, my plan was to have windows 10 installed on another hard drive in this computer so i have dual operating systems.....so i can still keep windows 7 and all my programs and media files i have stored on it.

and when i get windows 10 installed on another hard drive in this computer, i still plan on using windows 7 mostly, because i prefer it.

but if i still plan on using windows 7 what ways can i ensure i can keep it safe from virus threats and hackers and just safe in general?

for years ive had malwarebytes premium installed on this windows 7 machine and eset internet security (paid for ) anti virus.

is that enough to keep my computer safe?

and can i continue to use my windows 7 computer when microsoft stops supporting it? and not have to migrate everything over to win 10 and start using windows 10 instead?

lol, you know that's what all the ardent XP users said about moving to Windows 7. XP was so great, not going to upgrade, etc, etc.

Basically they pulled the plug on XP and 7 about seven years after they stopped shipping the OS.

Windows 10 is easier to managing files but the only thing I don't like is the way MS manages updates. MS either forces an updated or I have problems with getting some updates successfully installed. I have found that it's easier to find fixes for problems with Windows 10 though.

Anyways it will be business as usual. Windows 7 will still run, just like how XP, ME, Vista, etc run today. Just no updates.

Sure, everything will be as normal, just no further help support or updates from MS.

• Lv 7

yes, as long as you keep your antivirus up to date, and don't visit unknown websites.

• Bill-M

Yes you can continue to use it, just not on the internet.

All the bad reports you heard about 10 are fake news.

I have been using 10 since day one. I keep it up to date and have never had a problem with it. AND I don't use third party anti virus programs like Norton. Those anti virus programs are the main cause of problems with 10.

Yes but any new security problems will not get any patches from MS but it just doesn't stop working.

• Dave

Reporting this idiot for spam. He's asked this repeatedly today.