Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAir Travel · 4 weeks ago

Is this a good boarding group? Will southwest make us board separately?

So my friend and I got  Boarding Group B30/B31. Will they make us board separately (since the groups are usually divided B1-30 and then B31-60)? Thanks in advance. 

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Best answer

You can board together with the B1-30 group. Its not that serious

• 4 weeks ago

I'm not qualified to say anything specific about this airline, but I can tell you that even if you don't get to sit beside your friend, most people cope perfectly well.

• MS
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Are you specifically numbers B30 and B31?  If so, you'll be boarding one right after the other.  If not, they might let you board together, but it will be at whichever of you boards last.  You'd have to ask the gate agent.  

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

As soon as they scan whoever is B30, they are going to call up B31 through B60.  The second person will be right being the first in the jetway.  

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

You'll be getting on right before your friend. Find two seats together, put your stuff in there and fuss around with putting your carry on in the overhead until your friend gets on, and you can occupy the seats. 

• 4 weeks ago

southwest is pretty strict with those boarding numbers, you cant board early but you can both board at the later number 31) so you can board together at his number.

• 4 weeks ago

Try using this concept. Get to the boarding area early and ASK.

The gate agent may be able to assist you. Asking nicely works better than demanding.

EVERY OTHER PASSENGER also wants to board early TOO to get their choice place to sit.

The answer you get will usually be NO. They have 100 others also wanting some special bending of the rules.

As @ Roger notes you still might not get seats side by side but as you are in the B group there should be a very good chance you can get side by side.

Hint Number 30 selects a seat that has an open space. You are next to board and then sit beside them.

Is is doubtful everyone in A group is a single traveller.

• 4 weeks ago

If that is the standard procedure, then, yes, they will make you board separately.

When you get to the gate, ask the airline personnel there if you can board together.

Even if you do board together, it is entirely possible that you will not find two seats together.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.