Feels like I have sand in my sheets?

I moved into a new house recently and it feels like I have sand or small particles in my sheets. I wash my bedding very often and do not know what it is or what it is coming from. What could this be?

I live nowhere close to a coast or beach

I have the same issue and I just cannot figure this out. I got a new mattress, all new bedding, it is still happening. Something in the air. I just don't know.

fritzfritzfritz

I thought the sheets are "pilling" meaning they are wearing thin.  They are probably flannel sheets? Those pill alot. It is getting thread bare and you can partly see through it in the thin areas near where your feet are.

• drip

What do you actually see? Are your sheet piling up?  Fibers break off and form tiny balls on the surface for the fabric.  

• VAA

Do you shower before bed? It could be dry skin.

Maybe the carpets are full of sand or cat litter or other particles and you're bringing it to bed on your feet. 

Do you notice it right when the sheets are clean or does it take a couple days?

• regina4 weeks agoReport

I notice it even when the sheets are clean. After a day I ended up with it under my pillow, o it not something I'm dragging into the bed.

• Nick

water ?

Ok that is good to know.

Maybe it's falling from the ceiling, idk.

Could be sand bugs, or bits of skin.