Is it healthy to drink 4-5 cups of coffee a day?

I used to drink 3 cups of coffee a day maximum. Now I've having up to 5 cups and sometimes a bit more. And it's usually iced coffee - not keen on drinking lots of hot coffee that usually just tastes like plain hot water.

Is this healthy? I guess I really like the caffeine kick and the iced milk that keeps me cool and grounded. I think one cup of iced coffee is about 450 calories so Lord knows how many excess calories I'm consuming per day with those coffees.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

You won't be able to sleep good at night.

• 3 weeks ago

2-3 cups are ok

• Donna
    Lv 4
    3 weeks ago

Depends on how your body works. Some wouldn't even be able to sleep at night.

• 3 weeks ago

sure, why not. People been doing it for a VERY long time.

There are lots of health benefits to coffee, caffeinated or not.

https://newsnetwork.mayoclinic.org/discussion/mayo...

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Cammie
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

There is no reason Iced Coffee should have so many calories.Get a plain iced coffee add some cream and equal .Non of these crappy mixed coffee drinks with a huge amount of sugar.

You're probably at the safe max coffee dose per day.

• 3 weeks ago

I would be more concerned about the excess calories more than the coffee. 

Also are you decreasing the other fluids you would normally consume?  If you have increased the coffee but decreased water that might be a problem. 

• I too prefer my coffee cold. Drink up my friend.

• 3 weeks ago

Evidence indicates that 4–5 cups of coffee per day may be the optimal amount. This amount is linked to the lowest risk of premature death, as well as a lower risk of numerous common diseases, some of which affect hundreds of millions of people

• Jerry
      Lv 6
      3 weeks agoReport

Personally, I'd rather die younger than act the way "coffee hounds" act -- impatient, irritable, and subsequently hard to get along with, prone to making unwise choices. 

• Katie
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

Drinking coffee is really BAD for you - even 1 sip and you are addicted.

• 3 weeks ago

If you drink decaf its fine, but if not you're getting a seriously unhealthy amount of caffeine. You're probably addicted to it, you probably constantly have low energy and headaches if you dont drink coffee  after a while

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.