Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 4 weeks ago

how can I stop my mum from getting drunk every night?

every night im with my mum she has 3 or more large glasses of wine. any time i say anything about her being drunk she get's really angry and just says she's really tired.

Move out.............

You cannot. Only she can stop that.

Seek out help, like AlAnon.

You can't get her to stop. 

And it is not your "job" to get her to stop. 

The questions I have for you is..are you safe?  and who is caring for you? is there anyone you can talk to about the situation?

Might want to check out Alateen. It is a Al-Anon group for teens. (if you are not a teen Al-Anon has other groups.

Just know it is not your job to fix your mom...or any other adult for that matter. 

If you can't beat them, join them. Then maybe she'll realize her err

She's an alcoholic, I have a parent who's like that and been like that all my life. No matter what you tell them, they wont stop because they are hooked. You need to talk to her when she's sober, try video taping her when she's drunk and act very stupid then show it to her the next day. That will hopefully be a wake up call.

• Rick B

pour out all of her wine.

You cannot force her to stop but you can tell her you are concerned. Get another adult that's close to her involved so you don't have to bear this burden alone. Talk to her doctor.