Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 4 weeks ago

30k trailer falling apart ?

I bought $30,000 camper  to live out of while in school. 

Sense I am now living in it multiple things I have discovered are broken 

1. The stereo doesnt work

2. The awning

3. 2 TVs broke

4. Kitchen sink leaks 

5. Bathroom sink leaks

6. Toilet leaks 

7. One of the slide out leaks

8. The refrigerator broke

9. The furnace doesnt work

Is there anything I can do? Or just suck it up and and get it fixed. And just accept that I got screwed.

• I care

If you have the funds and only place to reside while in school,  than yes all would have to be fixed.  Can you work a part-time job to help fix the important issues first? 

You actually paid $30,000 and didn't have it inspected......oh well,  like all of us we sometimes have to live with our decisions.....it happens to all of us one time or another.  Good luck on this journey.

• Mmm J

Lots of dependencies...

Before you bought, hopefully you tested the stereo opened the awning, checked the TVs to be sure they worked, saw the refrigerator worked, checked to see the furnace worked.

As for leaks, they might have been identified by an inspection (for a fee) at an RV dealer or repair shop.

It also makes a difference if you've had the RV for a couple of weeks or a couple of months or a couple of years - we have no way to know if you did the damage or if it was like this when the previous owner owned it.

For all we know, your getting screwed was self-inflicted.

• di

Re the electrical stuff: are you paying your electric bill?

You bought an "item," a used thing, with no warranty I'm guessing. You have no recourse..

see an attorney about a lawsuit

You don’t have much choice but to suck it up unless you have a warranty of some sort.

If you bought it privately, you suck it up. If you bought it from a dealer, you may have a chance of getting them to pay for some of that stuff, depending what the sales contract said. Didn't you check all that stuff before you bought it? And you didn't say if all that was wrong the moment you bought it or if it happened 3 months later.

Did they teach you about caveat emptor yet?