Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicSinging · 4 weeks ago

I'm 21, am I too old to persuade my dream of becoming a singer?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

No, if your dream is still alive TODAY then it's for a reason. Trust your instinct and do what you want to do. It will never fail you 

• 3 weeks ago

It's not too late. Anyone can learn how to sing at any age.

• 4 weeks ago

No way. But you will have to commit to it or just let it go.

• 4 weeks ago

Age has nothing to do with pursuing your dream.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Youre never too old... Adele was 35 or 40 er something

• RJ
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

You are not too old to become a singer at age 21.  There are people who became professional singers when they were in their mid-30's.  

Here are some tips about how to become a singer:

Be determined and persistent. There's a lot of competition out there - thousands of people want the fame and fortune of a successful singing career. Most successful singers spend years working on their voices and playing low-paying gigs before they make it big. Don't lose sight of your goal, and resolve to be patient.

Start with one good song that you sing great. Once you got that work on your next best song. Before you know it, you'll have a whole night covered, a gig of good stuff.

If you don't write your own songs, pick good covers. A lot of singers don't write their own songs, and that's OK. Particularly when you're first starting out, you want people to pay more attention to the quality of your voice than the quality of your songwriting. Build up a "set list" of 10 to 15 covers you know you can really knock out of the park, and practice getting better at them.

Sing in public whenever possible. Book as many gigs as you can to get your voice out there - you never know who will be listening in the audience. Sing at private parties, county fairs, store openings, rodeos, sporting events, talent shows, karaoke nights, and anywhere else that will have you, paid or not. Even if you don't get spotted by a talent agent right away, you're practicing your stage presence and getting used to being in front of a crowd.

Start a YouTube channel. Some people have actually managed to become famous through posting videos of themselves singing on YouTube.

Become a publicity hound. Eat, breathe, and sleep attention. Look for photo ops. Speak up. Swipe up any chance to shake up the spotlight. Make yourself known.

Network. Be in the places where successful musicians/producers meet (clubs, dance halls) and act like you're part of the industry, even if they don't know who you are. Go to a city known for music (such as Nashville, Memphis, New York City, Los Angeles, New Orleans, Austin or Las Vegas) and socialize with the local musicians.

Source(s): I am a professional singer
  • 4 weeks ago

no you're never too old to follow ur dreams

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.