Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 4 weeks ago

My crush said something hurtful :( ?

So we were in my ceramics class, and he said my sculpture was ugly??? And when I confronted him he said “do you want me to lie to you” ??? :( he’s usually very nice and polite, so ?? Am I dumb for asking what was going through his head? Does he genuinely not like it and is he a jerk?

There's nothing wrong with telling the truth. 

That is quiet rude but try not to take it personally. Not everybody will appreciate your art and that's okay. Maybe he was having a bad day. He could've used better words though. You're not dumb for asking but try not to always expect people to respond positively to what you create. If you ask then there's a chance the person will say they dont like it. 

If its bothering you so much speak to him and say if he didn't like it you'd rather he would've used better words. You'll know if he's a jerk by the way he reacts. If he gets defensive then he's immature and if he takes accountability and apologises you'll know hes a good guy. 

• Linda

He could have been more tactful if he did not like it. He could have said it was interesting and changed the subject but to call your creation ugly sounds a bit cruel and I would be hurt.

Ok! Forget him ..........

• Rowan

Well do you want him to lie to you? I mean, if my girlfriend makes a meal that tastes bad, I'll tell her, and I'll also tell her when it's good.