Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited KingdomLondon · 1 month ago

If you live in London is it worth going to Paris for a daytrip🤔?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Absolutely. The train is very easy and roughly 2.5 hours

• 1 month ago

taking the train from London to Paris is always worth it. Even if all you have is one day, you can still make it the best day ever. But if you're only visiting Paris for one day, it's best to plan your trip carefully so that you get as much out of it as you can.

• dj
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Paris needs more than a day trip, but if that is all you can manage do so.

• 1 month ago

It is possible to take a day trip to Paris, but I don't think it worthwhile for only a few hours in Paris. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

There is so much to see in Paris I would suggest you need to stay there for at least 3 to 4 days. There are frequent Eurostar trains from London St Pancras International to Paris Gare du Nord - city centre to city centre in around 2 hours 30 minutes.

eurostar.com

• Not really, by the time you got there it would be time to get back!

• Clive
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You could do it, but it will be a long day as you're gong to be on a train for 5-6 hours there and back so you won't have time to see much.  And this assumes living close to St Pancras -you've got to get there first, and that could be another hour each way.

• 1 month ago

I hope you're joking. Of course it's worth it. You have the amazing gift of being close enough to go to a wide variety of countries for a weekend, just by hopping on the train. Americans have to spend a sleepless night cooped up like a sardine in an airplane, for an outrageous amount of money. It astonishes me that the British people don't take more advantage of their ability to travel and see different countries, different cultures. 

• Cara
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

The asker asked about a day trip. Do you really think day trips are adequate? Much more popular with British people are four-day city centre trips - we have recently "done" Berlin, Budapest, Rome and Prague. Although Paris is nearer, a day trip simply doesn't cut it.

• 1 month ago

Sure.  Just realize it is 2.5 hours each way on the train. 

• 1 month ago

Yes, it is if you enjoy travel.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.