Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 4 weeks ago

Have you ever heard of a wall heater falling out?

I asked the painter to please do something about how bad the grill of the front of the wall heater looked. I could tell he didn't want to do it. Now he said he took the grill off & the heater fell out. How in the world could a heater fall out. Now he's telling me I need to call a heating specialist. I can now see this is going to turn into a lot of money, and the tenants who moved said the heater was working fine.

Cadet heaters will do this.

apparently it was not properly secured. that's on you, landlord

The heater may have worked fine but the cover wasn’t well attached. It is highly unlikely the painter caused the heater to fall out.

This is a standard case of the customer thinking “he who touched it last is responsible”. I run into that all the time, I work in the trades. Because you have a crappy heater that may happen to work but isn’t attached well doesn’t mean the problem is caused by someone who briefly touched it.

I suggest you be thankful the heater didn’t fall out while it was operating and you weren’t there and it burned the house down.

No sounds weird 

Yeah I've had several wall heaters fall out. So reattach the vent to them and make yourself a pressure treated 2 by 4 frame and put the thing back in the wall what's the big deal a 2 by 4 only cost $2 you need a couple of screws and you need to build a frame for it if the frame that was supporting it before is all rotted out. Big deal

I have not heard of that