patty
patty asked in Society & CultureRoyalty ยท 4 weeks ago

have people forgiven Prince Charles for what he did to Diana?

No I have not. And even though I never met either of them, I still feel Prince Charles owes me an apology for what he did to poor Diana.ย 

• Jade

No - I have Not - I have Not Forgiven Camilla either.

As usual clog answers failing to mention Charles had an affair first, the way that is written makes it look like Diana is worse, lies...

• Ann

I haven't....................

I thought I never would and also that he didn't deserve to be the next King but, as time has gone by and his Wife has changed him, I do believe that I have more or less forgiven him.

• Clo

Some people have, and some have not. People who have taken the time to study the history of the Charles-Diana relationship, reading both sides of the story as well as just the facts,now are able to understand how the marriage was just not destined to work. Charles and Diana just weren't a good match, compatible enough to support one another through not just the good times, but the difficult times.

Both Charles and Diana caused the other pain; both had affairs. Charles had one with his now wife Camilla. Diana had multiple partners. Both took place in their spats. Diana aired her side of the story to the public to discredit Charles. Charles chose not to publicly air his complaints about Diana. Why aren't you asking if people have forgiven Diana for her part of the difficulties? Charles and Diana are only human beings---both were not saints.

Charles and Camilla both publicly repented for their sin of adultery during the blessing ceremony of the marriage. God can forgive those who are truly sorry for what they did.

Prince Charles' one mistake was marrying a young, inexperienced girl, who had previously worked (for show) as a daycare assistant.

She only cared to "work" when she was the centre of attention. I remember her doing a "Secret Midnight" visit to a children's hospital where a passing photographer(!) got a lovely picture with a sick child, woken up for the occasion.

Nothing to forgive they were as bad as each other.

No and for the same reason we have never forgiven Hitler. His crime committed against Diana were far too great.

• Creosote4 weeks agoReport

Hear hear Verulam. Not in the same league. Besides, Diana was not the the Saint people make her out to be. She wasnโ€™t blameless in all this.ย