California permit renewal question?

I have an upcoming driving test scheduled, it will be the third time taking it since I got my permit. Permit expires in June 2020, but if I fail this next one then I have to renew it and pay the fee again and stuff. Is there a certain amount of time I m required to wait to get it renewed? If, for example, I fail the test could I just wait in line at the dmv and get the permit renewed that same day if I wanted?

I am over 18 if that matters

• Edna

This is your third attempt to pass the road test? How did you manage to fail the road test TWO times?  Are you sure you know how to drive a car?  The road test isn't difficult. 

As far as renewing your permit if you fail again, call the California DMV and ask them what you need to do in that case.

You're asking this question for the same reason you keep failing the road test.  You haven't even opened that friggin' book.

The answer to your question isn't just in the book, it's in the first few pages of the first god dammed chapter.

"AND SO IT WAS WRITTEN"

in the Driver's Training Manual page 3 all the answers to your questions.

. Try reading it.

How to Renew an Instruction Permit 

If your permit has expired, you must start again. This means resubmitting documents, paying the application fee, and taking the required tests. 

If you are under 18 years of age, you will need your parents' or guardians' signature on the application form. 

Cumulative Credit 

Your driver license application is valid for 12 months from the application date. If you have had your driver's license application for at least 1 year, but haven't held a permit for at least 6 months, you have to return to DMV and fill out a new application. 

You will need to pay the application fee again and complete all application requirements. 

Take your expired permit with you to DMV. 

You will be credited for the time you have held your instruction permit and receive cumulative credit towards your new permit to meet the six-month requirement before taking your driving test. 

You must keep the expired permit with your new instruction permit until you pass your driving test. The new instruction permit and the expired permit is the only proof of credit that satisfies the six-month requirement. When a new application is started, DMV does not retain the previous application information. If you lose your expired instruction permit, without the necessary proof of a previous application, the full six-month waiting period will be required before you will be allowed to take your driving test. 

Bring both your instruction permits with you when you take your driving test.

Took only seconds to find this.

• May

you have to "renew" it before it expires....and "stuff".

When you take your next test, ask the DMV people any question that you may have..."and stuff"

• Scott

Maybe use the time until your next test to learn to drive well enough to pass it.