How much credibility would you say mainstream media has?

87 Answers

Relevance
  • Huh?
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

They are very credible, and as I read answers to this question I think it is important to point out that popular is not equivalent to credible. 

• Jim
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Gallup first measured trust in the mass media in a 1972 survey when 68% of Americans said they trusted it. Similar levels were recorded in 1974 (69%) and 1976 (72%), but two decades later, when Gallup next asked the question, trust had fallen to 53%.

Although overall trust was at the majority level until 2004, no more than 21% of Americans dating back to 1972 ever said they had the greatest level of trust. Currently, 13% have a great deal of trust, 28% a fair amount, 30% not very much and 28% none at all.

• 4 weeks ago

They actually have high credaility in my opinion. The media controls the world as far as how political and every day life decisions are made

• 4 weeks ago

hahaha That's a trick question as they NAVE NONE.. NONE AT ALL.. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Zero. Nadda. Zip.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

The mainstream media never once criticized Obama (FOX doesn’t count) and always criticizes Trump.  

• Nick
      Lv 5
      3 weeks agoReport

They went after Obama?  When?

• 4 weeks ago

I JUST LEARNED THAT CBS RATINGS ARE DROPPING

• Huh?
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

Only Trump supporting  morons think that ratings = credibility. That is an example of a fallacy, "argumentum ad populum." Just because a belief is popular doesn't make it true. Just because a media outlet is popular doesn't make it credible 

• Brian
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

More than donnie would have you believe.

• Lolly
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Squaawk! Fake news. You conditioned little parrot.

• Lolly
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Squaaawk! CNN. Your own link shows the bill went nowhere. It's just sad.

• 4 weeks ago

Last i checked about 9% trusted the media, and everyone was wondering who the hell that 9% was.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.