when I send a job to the printer it goes thru the motion of printing but there is nothing printed?

Use the printer control panel to check the printer, and possibly print a test sheet. Make sure that the paper is loaded properly. Can you make a copy on your printer, without connecting to your computer. Would be an indication that the hardware is OK

• Lv 7

time for new ink.

try the windows print test. if that works as it should, the problem is in the program you are trying to print from. it if doesn't, look for a problem such as ran out of ink, ink jet clogged, etc.

With no clues on maker or model number of anything (printer, what is sending whatever to it), how to guess?  With no details, wasted question.

my printer is new and the ink is also new...It printed OK when I got it but now will not print words...the paper comes out blank.....

• Jim

Printer needs to be cleaned.

Printer is out of ink.