Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 4 weeks ago

Isn't the best way to save, is not to spend money?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago
    Best answer

Well, what you do with the money you save is also important.

But yes, lack of self-discipline  when it comes to spending is a big issue for lots of people.      When I'm about to buy something I don't need, I find it helpful to ask myself if I'd like to be rich (save/invest) or make someone else rich (spend).  

• 4 weeks ago

The more we desire for that which is superfluous, the more we meet with difficulties.

Our strength and possessions are spent in unnecessary things,

And we are left wanting for that which is necessary.

- Brahma Kumaris

Attachment image
  • Who
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

the best way to save is for your outgoings not to be more than your income

• 4 weeks ago

It's impossible, as an independent adult, to not spend money. The best way to save is to not spend money on things you don't need, and on the things you do need, spend wisely. And ideally, have savings taken directly from your pay so you don't see that money.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • R P
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Yes, you are correct. The best way to save money to not spend it.

Stores or online sellers want you to think you are saving money when they offer their sales, but it's a marketing gimmick.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Sure, but that's not always that easy for people with bills and hungry kids.

• Amy
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Two things are necessary in order to save money:

(1) have money

(2) don't spend it

The earning is just as important as the frugality.

There are some things that you SHOULD spend money on, as long as it isn't too much money, because they will save you more in the long run. For instance, healthy food often costs more than junk food, but you'll avoid medical bills AND be able to work more if you're healthy.  

• 4 weeks ago

Yes it is

as long as you put the saved money someplace

• 4 weeks ago

That's an oversimplification, but basically yes. But first, you have to make money.

• Stan
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

All profit comes from the inequity of an exchange.

You "make" money when you sell something for more money than it cost to produce.

Except when it comes to labor. The laborer is forced to sell the energy their body produces at a loss. This is what drives capitalism. The underpaying of labor.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.