Danny asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

Should I shower with my dog?

I often shower with my dog and my wife yells at me about this, Its a lot easier to wash him at the same time as my self, is this wrong? 

25 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

I don't understand why people are getting worked up over it...you aren't really sharing bath water.  It's not like you are getting i a tub with it. You spray water on it and yourself.  Dogs often dislike showers...if doing it with you reassures it I don't see the problem.  

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Stop! You are raping your dog. Poor doggy.

• 4 weeks ago

I see no reason to object to that. More convenient & easier.

• Glo
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

If he needs to bathe, I don’t see anything wrong with it. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

You are in that case a full blown idiot.... your dog will get a dry cracking skin eventually Because you are washing away all of its skin protection oils: Dogs only need bathing around twice yearly in order to maintain their skin protection oils....

Source(s): Shepherd.
  • 1 month ago

That is how we do our dogs. That way they can shake and not get water all over, we can be sure the water is not too hot or cold and you can corral the dog in the shower stall and they can not get loose.

• 1 month ago

So you shower with a dog? A dirty dog? When I say "dirty dog" not to say you don't take care of your dog but you have to remember dogs may do nasty ****. They're on ground level, they walk outside, lick and eat nasty things sometimes and the fur can carry dirt, germs, bacteria, etc. So getting in the shower with it where you are now exposed (naked) is not a good idea. Don't want anything deadly they have to be exposed to you.

• 1 month ago

In the winter time that is how I do it. They get a shampoo in the shower with me.

• 1 month ago

No, you should not shower with a dog. That's just... Odd.

• patty
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

how cute, I would have liked to do this too if my dog liked showers

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.