Sleep apnea? ?

Hi! 

I believe I have sleep apnea because I snore a lot and always have Sleep paralysis(I also have anxiety disorder) I maybe have it twice a month? If not I have it  several times a night until I get up and walk around. My therapist suggested that I get a sleep study done since she thinks it may be connected to sleep apnea. I don’t fall asleep during the day nor do I catch myself gasping for air maybe once or twice but that was because I was having a nightmare (years ago) any advice? 😔 thank u in advance  

Yes a sleep study.  It's pretty easy.  You are just hooked up to a few EKG-type monitors that will detect if you hold your breath or temporarily stop breathing when you are asleep.  That's what sleep apnea is: a sleep disorder in which breathing repeatedly stops and starts.  Not all storming or sleep-wake issues are sleep apnea.  The great thing is that if you do have it, there are various things you can do to fix it.  If you don't have sleep apnea, there are other things that can be done about snoring if it bothers you.  

Before you start spending money. (serious money, if you don't have coverage).

Try what I did, which works fine for me.

Set your sleeping bed up so that your back is at 30°.

Hospitals are doing it too,

I find it much easier to breath when going to sleep.

Sometimes, I set up a light fan to blow cooler air toward my face.

"Sleep apnea is a potentially serious sleep disorder in which breathing repeatedly stops and starts. If you snore loudly and feel tired even after a full night's sleep, you might have sleep apnea. The main types of sleep apnea are: Obstructive sleep apnea, the more common form that occurs when throat muscles relax."

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/sle...

• kelvin

your therapist is wrong as you don't have that