Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicSinging · 3 weeks ago

how do i sing all of me by john legend?

my singing teacher (or whatever it's called, english isnt my first language my dudes) wants me to sing all of me by john legend today and i deadass sound like crap. im a bit sick today but i really dont wanna skip! my voice is kinda raspy(?) today,but again, i really dont wanna skip class. help?

This song is gayyyy.. depressed why u choosen this songs

• Emdog

All of me is an old jazz standard from 1931. Go to youtube and listen to multiple versions of that tune. Should be able to find a raspy version... I play guitar and it is a great tune to mess with.

Let your voice teacher know that you're ill and that you'll need to sing another day.

Well, when singing someone else's song you must sing it as though it's your song and put your own mark on it, my friend.

Well, there's only one thing you can do.

Practise.

Practice makes perfect they say. You might not sound amazing but let her know that you are sick and I'm pretty sure she'll understand.

By the way, we call it "vocal coach" where I live but singing teacher is fine too. :)

• Bob

You accept you are doing it ASAP,

Prepare if possible, practice

Then get up and sing it as well as you can

But with a good heart

It’s about the performance, not the song

It’s about you shining,

But you must convey the meaning in the song to the listener

Both those things are more important than the actual pitches

It’s a time to show off 

To be the voice for that song to come through

Source(s): Music teacher