One big company who owns a tv network doesn't like Trump because they want cheap immigrant labor to take your jobs away, get it?

This certain company fired all their U.S. IT workers a few years back and made them train the new immigrant workers on work visas who replaced them. The workers filed a lawsuit in D.C., I don't know the result. This is why some tv networks are biased against Trump

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Disney is hardly the only bad player in this debacle. However, the Trump administration's stated position would make it easier to import skilled foreign workers legally. Abuse of the H1B visa program is certainly a problem, but it's not one Trump is overly concerned about.

• 3 weeks ago

If the company hadn't been able to hire the immigrants in the U.S., then they might have had to move the company to another country and hire the immigrants there. Immigrants don't take away jobs; they save jobs. If a job goes to an immigrant in the U.S., that means that the job was able to stay in the U.S. because of the immigrant. When employers need to hire foreigners, if they can't do it here, then they will go where they can. They won't keep U.S. workers just they can't hire immigrants in the U.S, because they can, and will, go somewhere else to do it.

• August
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago

The same thing happened in the UK where Indian personnel took our jobs and sent the English workers to the benefits office 

• 4 weeks ago

This action has been common throughout the US over the past 2-3 decades, done by many large companies. There have been numerous lawsuits as well as complaints of discrimination (on the basis of national origin) filed with human rights commissions. I know some have been won, the US-citizen employees receiving monetary damages. However, this has not stopped this abuse of American workers. Not enough suits have been filed, nor sufficient damages claimed & awarded.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

The global Left hates the USA and all of the other western democracies.  They know "open borders" would destroy the USA and all of the other western democracies.  That is why they want open borders. 

• 4 weeks ago

TYPICAL IGNORANT TRUMP SUPPORTER

(1)

Trump uses cheap immigrant labor at his resort rather than to employee AMERICAN workers: https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-mar-lago-for...

(2)

Second ignorant impression formed by Trump supporters is that Trump has a great record in creating jobs.

Dumb Trump supporters believe this purely becasue Trump and other republican liars, like him, say so.

Now here are the stats: https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/non-far...

(3)

Mommy, mommy, I'm a die-hard Trump supporter because he's an alpha male!

MAGA, MAGA!

• 4 weeks ago

The lawsuit you're talking about was against Disney.

The result is that the workers lost the lawsuit because it had no legal merit.

And nothing that Trump has done - or proposed doing - would have had any effect on it.

I think the practice sucks, but I'm not stupid enough to think that someone whose company makes extensive use of a temporary immigrant worker program is honestly going to do anything to end it.

• skeptik
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

His tariffs aren't "evening the playing field."  They are harming American consumers and driving American farmers into bankruptcy.

• 4 weeks ago

Why no comments from the libs anti-Trump crowd? Because they know it's true. If a Democrat gets elected POTUS in 2020, I won't be crying about the job losses the libs will suffer, the minorities will suffer, or anyone else who gets unemployed for voting for Democrats!

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Disney is the company and they do not do politics.

Trump hired illegals and uses visas to staff his golf clubs.

A large immigrant work force helps run Mr. Trump's resorts, an embarrassing reality for a president who has railed against undocumented migrants. Most are young people hired as guest workers on special visas.

What I'm saying is true and he still has a large immigrant work force. 

• skeptik
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

No, I actually have seen the employment figures.  I just didn't make believe history started with Trump's presidency. 
      I'm also aware that the overhyped numbers for 2018 have had to be downgraded by more than half a million once actual data - rather than "surveys" - has been received.

• 4 weeks ago

This is also the same reason Lebron James apologized to the Chinese. Because they don't "actually care" about anybody or anything, except ensuring they remain as the ruling class. Don't threaten their wallets, or you'll be sorry!

But of course, they can take all our money. Because we're the serfs and they're the ruling class.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.