Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 month ago

Would you leave Los Angeles, given the chance?

I hate it here. I live in Eagle Rock, which is

an oasis compared to most of Los Angeles.

The traffic and pollution here is horrible.

Do you blame me for wanting to leave?!?

I don't hate L.A., but at the same time, I don't know why so many people who are not from L.A. choose to move there.  The cost of living is "insanely high" compared to what most jobs pay there.  I know a guy in L.A. who "sleeps on a couch" in a living room, and his share of the rent is the same as his 4 room mates who each have a bed. That's ridiculous, but then again so is "moving to L.A." when you cannot afford decent housing for yourself.  Now L.A. has "15 million rats" because city & county officials have allowed thousands of homeless people to sh** in the streets.  If you want to leave L.A., who could blame you?    

I don't blame you for wanting to leave and were my family and career not pretty much stuck here I'd be joining you.

• .....

Bus tickets are cheap. What are you waiting for?

• ksnake10

Yeah, and the 15 million rats in the streets should make buying that bus ticket easier.

• mom

years ago I visited Los Angeles and I did not like California. every year I hear of fires and their is a lot of traffic just like here in Atlanta 

• ksnake10

Yeah, I don't think that L.A. is going to "improve" until it loses half its population.  That place is just entirely too crowded for the kind of environmental problems that it has.

• reme_1

If you want to leave save up some cash, decide where you want to go and take off. No one is stopping you.

I don't blame you for wanting to go other places and explore, but there is an old saying (the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence) for a reason. But maybe Eagle Rock just doesn't fit you. That is not a bad thing, go explore and find what does fit you.

I live Inland. In recent months I've noticed the brown haze reappear  across the valley, westward coming from LA. Something that hasn't been around for years. An Uber driver supposes it's Trump's relaxing emission laws.

As a kid we couldn't see the mountains for most of the year. In the recent decade we've seen the mountains all year. We're back to the brown haze and that old familiar Inland Empire scent in the air.

Unbelievable.

ps. I'm remaining here for the time being. I hope to commute to LA if I ever sell anything. I'd be too afraid of living in LA in case of disaster. The people of Venice will be wiped out.

Favor? Don't close this question. Gonna try to remember to take a picture tomorrow to prove Christian Sinner wrong.

Just remember who gave you that environment. The Climate Change environmentalist politicians. Everything they say is a lie, and they know it.

Source(s): bisexual Christian
    • ksnake10

Yeah, Typhus is "airborne".  The national guard needs to take a thousand "flamethrowers" to L.A.'s skid row. 

Do you like Italiano's Pizza?

Have you been to the Cloudy Garlic?

How's the Mongolian beef place by Hamburger Hamlet?

Do you like Coco's on York?

Have you ever been to the Oinkster?

I am gay.  We are 3% of the population. We HAVE to live in MegaCities.

Yes. Smell A  is not a place I would stay......LA-X for 20 than gone.