Is there anything wrong about not starting a family and getting married?

I was thinking of planning those goals after I graduate from university to obtain my first degree (Its a long story). But then later I realized that society doesn't say you have you get married and have kids. I don't want to I just want to live life to the fullest until I grow old. Is there anything wrong with that?

No,  I think it is a really good idea.  People who have kids need to honor their vows.  There are circumstances where divorce is the right thing to do.  If any do it for them.  Too many older adults do not care about their well-being.

There is nothing wrong with that. Everyone has the right to make their own choices. 

No, you must only do what you want to in life or you will never be happy.  Be prepared for the possibility that you may later change your mind about it though; nothing wrong with that either.   

not at all, it is your life

your life not ours,make up your own mind

college usually means 30 some years of paying 450 bucks a month,,make sure your degree and training will be  enough in a profession which pays,,lights heat,a house payment,a car to traipse around,something into the retirement and kid fund

Nothing wrong at all. Focus on university. You have no need of marriage & kids to have a rewarding & fulfilling life, and thinking you do - or being desperately "needy" - can seriously interfere with living a fulfilling life. Focus on school, career first. If you change your mind a few years down the road, you'll be in a far better position to add all that into your right mix for you.

No, you don't have to marry or have children. Women no longer require a husband to support them nor do they have to have children. If their goals in life are focused on careers, travel, volunteer activities, hobbies, friends, etc. and that is satisfying to them, then that's what they should do.

Answering these questions I've always been conflicted about because for one, it's your life. Your decisions and if you decide that you never want to get married and start a family then that's totally fine. Whatever makes you happy. However, I also believe that having children is (or can be) one of the greatest joys in life that everyone should experience. Its really only a question that you can answer though. I guess to directly answer you, No. There isn't anything necessarily wrong with it. A lot of people make that decision.

I hope not, because I didn't do either of those things, and at 67 years old I'm certainly too old to have children.

i dont think so, i never married or started a family

• sealamb3 weeks agoReport

julie - you feel good about yourself?  you really shouldn't.  you're a coward.  that's what bullies basically are, cowards.