Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 1 month ago

What is most disappointing about this generation?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

All the male belly dancers around now

Attachment image
  • Jeremy
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

Their constant use of mobile phones for everything.  They are allowed to use them in school to check answers. They text each other even when standing just feet apart. I really feel that one day the systems will crash - no smart 'phones, no internet, just books and landlines and many homes will have removed the landlines.  What will they do?  I think they'll virtually go potty because everything that they KNEW how to do will be gone and they won't know how to find information in a book, use a dictionary or encyclopaedia (if any of them still have such items).  Their conversations will be grunts of 3 or 4 words in length because they only know shortened versions of words or slang words. They will have to get off their bottoms and walk over to speak to someone. They'll not know what to do with the hand that used to hold the phone.

I feel sorry for them because they have so much but, at the same time, they have so little (that will be of any use to them).  Old ways have been forgotten or never taught but the new will have disappeared because of a huge glitch. Even their teachers will not know how to cope.

I believe that all schools should have one day per week when no kind of this technology should be allowed, just books, pens and pencils etc.  Then they might relearn the art of reading, listening and taking part. Their choice of vocabulary and their spelling skills with improve - over time.

• Snid
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

"This" generation as in which generation?  You have to be more specific.

• P.L.
      Lv 6
      3 weeks agoReport

I assumed that the questioner referred to 'this generation' as the soon to be adults - those from mid-teens to mid-20s possibly.  They will soon be the ones making serious decisions on most things but most don't seem to have a clue about anything..  Heaven help us all.

• 4 weeks ago

The fact than when they see us older, retired people getting around with nice cars and live normal lives from our earned retirement benefits, they think they deserve the same and pout and cry when they don't get it too! We earned ours, let them earn theirs!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Zirp
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Thinking that it's normal to paint entire "generations" with the same brush?

What is "this generation" supposed to mean anyway?

Most people, regardless of when they were born, struggle to survive inside whatever wiggle-room the system gives them.

• Laredo
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The art of conversation will eventually die out with this generation, they do not hold conversations with each other.  They are either texting each other or phoning each other on their mobile phones,  why not just meet up with friends and talk face to face for a change.

Like the song says each generation blames the generation before, so no doubt we older ones will be blamed sometime.

• 1 month ago

Two things - the first being a complete lack of COMMON SENSE.   Secondly not realising that tradition is worth maintaining.   There are other things but perhaps not for here ....................................

• 1 month ago

That social media destroyed the basic structre of life.

• Jackolantern
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Actually, it was a two edge sword. The media brought enlightment into our world but too much made us soft also! 

• 1 month ago

that theres a lot of crime around

• Mandy
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Their absolute stupidity.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.