Ben
Ben asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 3 weeks ago

Were model years for vehicles invented by a person and did that exist even before 2000?

a) yes

b) no

When you answer, can you give me an explanation?

Baby, you're gonna get a lot of hurtful comments. I don't believe you're a troll. You're a beautiful person with genuine questions. :3

You have been asking pointless, and constantly repeated, questions about the model year of various vehicles for several years now.

Have you ever considered having treatment for your severe OCD?

a) yes

b) no

c) I don't know what OCD is

d) I really need to get laid

I told you weeks ago, troll, that Alfred Sloan came up with the concept of model years for automobiles in the 1920s. Now stop this nonsense.

• Ben

What about city buses?

Are they not common in Trollsville?

• Neil

Obviously they were created by a person, as they did not exist in the natural world. And year, they existed before 2000. Proof positive: I used to own a 1957 Plymouth Savoy.

• In

Model years for automobiles have existed for over 100 years Factories shut down production of one year model for re-tooling for the next year's model production. Models exist for multiple years and year designations were necessary to distinguish one from another. For example, the Ford Mustang was introduced in late 1964 as a 1965 model and has been in continuous production for almost 55 years.

• curtisports2

No. Model year production wasn't created until the 1920s, when the president of GM at the time came up with the idea. Ford never shut down production, not until the late '20s when old Henry realized he wasn't the only one with good ideas.

No, it was a gift from the gods given down in the year 8300 BCE

• .

No, Ben.  I used to drive a 1969 Mercury Cougar. Model years for cars did exist before the year 2000.

• Greg

Yes, it has been done that way for decades.

• Ben

For next years model in fall of the previous year?