Avi asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 4 weeks ago

Has Apple gone mad greedy or what?

Apple changed their discussion platform so users can no longer search or even find their own posts!, its like they dont want customers to find any help ad instead convince them buy a newer device!

• Gonzo

I am an apple user since 2008. They are great and reliable computers!

Apple "gone" greedy?   Apple has been greedy from the day it was incorporated.

Apple is doing its business. Nowadays, adware is a way to speed various malware and ransomware. It has to be cut out for protecting its customers.

all of the above...................

the changes these modern corporations are making to their websites/hardware/products is terrible in general...times are a changing.

Thank you all for my 70% return this year.  I only wish I had bought more.

• John

Apple only makes money when they sell more items.

• Mr. P

They have continually designed products that are harder to repair each time, or brick if they are repaired, so yes - time to move away because they are not operating in the interest of the consumer.

Everything from charging cables MUST be original, the loss of the headphone jack, to products that are just designed to fail after so many uses.

Their "Think Different" means - how can we make our products fail in normal daily use and make it the customers fault?

I don't like the way Apple is changing either. Everything is monetized to hell and barely affordable now. They need to go back to thinking smarter if they want to keep their place in the market.

• Land-shark

Too many of these electronic device companies take the same route when the market plateaus. It happened with DSLR cameras at the enthusiast/semi-pro end of the market.  Deliberately made too expensive to repair. I'm thinking of Sony here when the anti-shake system fails.

I tried to reset an IPad, but the size of download required fast internet because it had to finish in 15 minutes.  You needed 10Mb+ internet, all for some arbitrary reason, probably to thwart the reset

Edit.  Yes, but it's the cult of apple

• Avi4 weeks agoReport

In other words they want to simply extort customers into buying a new mac instead of repairing something cheap thy used so it breaks down within the warranty limit ad even charge you 400% the cost of adapters by assuring only Apple made adapters work with macs..insane.