I tried to microwave sweat potato, but it was crunchy. How can I made it soft (a new one)?

Thanks 

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

When microwaving potatoes, rinse them with water and then wrap them in microwave-safe plastic wrap. This will steam them and keep them from drying out.

• 4 weeks ago

My younger sister used to peel and portion the chunks of sweet potato, wrap then in plastic cling wrap and microwave until soft. They are really good that way, and no mess on the plate.

• 4 weeks ago

If the potato is a bit hard, wrap it in a dish towel and set it aside for a few minutes. It will continue to cook.

• denise
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Microwave it for a shorter time,

A medium sized one, stabbed with a fork, should be M.waved @ 800 watts for 5-6 minutes, then split, add butter, sprinkle nutmeg. Or add cream cheese & chives.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

I poke holes in sweet potatoes before i cook them, and if they are crunchy you're not cooking them long enough (but i think you already know this)

• 1 month ago

Sweet potatoes can be transformed into crispy and delicious homemade sweet potato chips in a mere 5 minutes in the microwave!

• 1 month ago

you need to microwave your SWEET potato longer, thats all.

A crunchy potato of any kind is a raw potato.

• 1 month ago

Yeah probably a new one

• 1 month ago

For a medium potato, wet it and punch holes in the skin with a fork.  Cook for four minutes on high in a 1000 microwave.  If the potato is a bit hard, wrap it in a dish towel and set it aside for a few minutes.  It will continue to cook.

• 1 month ago

When I microwave potatoes, I wrap them with a damp paper towel and check if the potato is soft every 2 to 3 minutes.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.