can they make car tires in different colors?

I think that would be beyond awesome...but ive never seen it so i guess there is a reason for it

• REV B

They made a few back in the early 2000’s and no one bought them. The reason I know is I had a 2000 red Xtreme s10 and the tire dealer tried to talk me into buying a red set to put on my truck and I passed. 

Idk who’s they but you can get respray paint

They could. But just as easy to spray paint the tires. When you are driving in mud and snow and cow pooh and on very dusty roads, it is hard to tell they are even black.  They pick up the road dust.   Really make your car look FAKE.  Or maybe HEMP?  Everyone will be burning out...and getting burnt out.  So a fad that will quickly go up in smoke.

If they do, I'm sure they're custom made, and therefore- expensive. They may not be street legal either. 

So there goes my idea of driving around in bright lights flashing, psychadelic tires.

Sure. Goodyear did that in the 1930's

• Anon4 weeks agoReport

white rubber tires were Standard since Day One. Did not dye them black until the '2os. Lok at old  pictures. 

Yes, but the tires wouldn't be as durable and they would be more expensive.  

Colored tires are popular on BMX bikes now.  

I suppose that's possible, but the colour would wear off on the tread, but I'd like to see the return of white walls or colour coded walls to match the vehicle's body colour. I think that would look cool. 

• FØXY Ðï

Fashions return so white walls may be in vogue in a few years. I must admit they look grand on 1930/40s cars with runner boards. 

Way back - 1900-1920 . . . there were black tires and all white tires.  It's said that the white rubber was not as durable as black.

In the 1950s, a few cars like Packard Caribbean had colored sidewall options - don't know if the rubber was made that color or if the whitewalls were dyed.  I know people couldn't get replacements when they wore out.

And - back then when they thought cars would be flying soon, some companies even had show cars with clear tires!   They said they were coming, but think it was just a dream.

I assume it's a matter of cost . . . . and what do you do when you're in the middle of nowhere and need 1 tire?  I think black is here to stay - although you can still order whitewalls.

I'd be happy to have a choice of interior color besides gray and black . . . . b o r i n g.

• Pat F85

So the Pakard Company certainly could have contracted a tire company to make a tire with any number of sidewall colors they were able to.

Yes. I have seen them in the past, but not lately. Obviously, they were not popular.

Yes and companies have done it. But research showed, in the past, that they would not sell. And they cost more to make.