Do you know anyone like this?

You text them.. then instead of replying, you're almost guaranteed they will ring you. Anyone else have a person that does this? 

My brother is a demon for doing this, so as soon as I text him, I put my mobile into flight mode for 15 or 20 mins. I like talking to him in person but cant stand phone conversations. Anyone else like this? I cant be the only one.

I like your brother, I hate texting.  I wish it had never been invented. 

• Alan H

Talking is more personal than texting.

They are being sensible, and showing that they care about the other person.

Yes. We all know that person who's too busy to text during the workday but will call when they're on the freeway because it's too hard to text by vocal command while driving. I have several friends like this and it does make me crazy.

• Jerry

Let me guess. He phones you, leaves a voice mail asking you to CALL him. And you instead send him a text message. 

I suggest that if the matter isn't so urgent as to inspire your willingness to actually TALK with your brother, then the matter can wait until you DO talk to him. Stop annoying him with your texts. Problem solved. 

• Edna

There are many people who HATE texting & consider it a waste of their time;  will refuse to respond to text messages, & will call you on the phone instead. 

• K8

We all have different ways we prefer to communicate. Some prefer texts or emails and some prefer phone calls.

Myself, I prefer texting for quick simple things.  I prefer emails when setting things like plans or work things when the typing will be a little more involved.  I like to be able to refer back to the email as needed.  I may forget some things from a phone call. I prefer phone calls for things that are entirely too complex to type or when I want to connect with the other person and we can't meet in person.

• nanu

no.....................................

Me! My sister in law drives me insane with calls.

• jimmy

I'm the opposite I don't read or respond to text if you wanna talk to me call or f♤ck off.

• Edna

There are plenty other "nightmares" who feel exactly the same way he does.