Another one bites the dust, why did Republican Congressman Peter King announce he "wants to spend more time with my family"?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

"want to spend more time with my family" is usually a rather clumsily coded way of saying "getting out quick before the sh!t they have on me gets made public"!

Expect the imminent impact of brown stuff with rotating blades!

• 1 month ago

Like rats fleeing a sinking ship. He knows the republicans will have a hard time winning seats in swing states and even some red states so why not leave with his dignity. It’s better to say that he decided not to seek re-election than to say that he got defeated. He’s one of the few republicans that voted not to impeach Clinton so that tells you how dire it is for the Republican Party. 

• Jerome
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Lol

They are not dumb.

Reminds me of the dealers all looking for an exit out the game when the heat is on......lmao

People in that swamp on Pennsylvania Ave in DC reminds me of cockroaches when the light comes on and the raid is there to eliminate them.......

There is no escape......you pests.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Spending time with his family is better than supporting a crooked, corrupt, Russian puppet in the Oval Office. About 20 GOP Congressmen have announced their retirement because they no longer want to abide by their contract with the devil.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • -j.
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Interesting timing with impeachment so prominently on the House docket.  Maybe he sees which way the wind is blowing.

• 1 month ago

You should write him a letter specifically asking him this.

• 1 month ago

Most of those retiring Reps are fed up with having to defend the indefensible. King though is 75. So maybe that's the truth.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

because unlike democrats, republicans don't want to die clinging to their seats.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Hopefully Steve King is next.

• 1 month ago

That is the usual excuse when resigning to avoid public disgrace.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.